Thursday, July 12, 2012

Some more wedding photos.

Wow - it's been almost a month since Ri got married.  Time does skip ahead at an ever increasing rate.  We've had access to some of these photos for a couple of weeks, but I couldn't post them because I needed Ri to show me how to download them from where they were at, to my computer, so I could put them here.  So here goes.
Bias has nothing to do with it - she's beautiful.
The flowers at the waist were the only decoration on her chiffon dress.
Simple, elegant, very Ri.
T.Lynn was helping Ri on with her necklace.
The florist did an excellent job on the bouquets.
Just above Ri's fingers, you can see the pendant that we wrapped around her bouquet.  
This was a necklace that was given to my great-grandmother when she was a baby - roughly 118 years ago.  My great-grandmother said the marks on the back were from her teething on it.  She passed away when I was 18, so I remember her very well.  We took it off the necklace and threaded it on green ribbon; I figured it would be safer that way.  It fit the bill for something blue, and most definitely for something old.
They decided to use a unity sand ceremony in place of the unity candle.  I liked the symbolism of the mingling sand even better than the lighted candle and we were able to put white sand in the bottom to symbolize Jesus as the foundation upon which they intend to base their marriage.  It was beautiful.
Horsing around during picture taking.
This was my favorite picture of their rings.
This willow tree was a gift from him.
The reception hall we used was lovely.
Each table had a bit of nubby weave linen fabric that closely resembled burlap (but without the smell), piled in the center with a basket full of favors, and a bud vase with a yellow flower in it.  Simple, but pretty.
Lots of food.  Thank you girls for all your hard work!
There was a separate table for the punch and cake.
They also wanted a remembrance table with pictures of all the grandparents they knew and loved, but that have passed on.  Her bouquet was placed in the vase on the back when she arrived at the reception.  Part of the words on the plaque at the top are a Shakespeare quote:  "There's rosemary, that's for remembrance; pray, love, remember."  And of course, the plant on the table is rosemary.  The willow tree figurine is the "Angel of Remembrance."
Cutting the cake.
Feeding each other was definitely more civil here than I've seen at other weddings.
Next step - life!
Congratulations again to my gorgeous daughter and her sweetheart of a husband.

As I type this, my baby, T.Lynn, is spending the next couple of nights with them at his suggestion.  He knows how much she loves her big sister, and he knows how lonely his lovely wife gets now that she doesn't have all four of her siblings around her constantly.  

I am blessed to be able to entrust my precious daughter to such a wonderful man.
post signature

2 comments:

  1. She is indeed gorgeous!
    A couple of my friends with large families were commenting on how much the newly weds miss the noise and general chaos of their siblings being around. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      And yes, it is the biggest adjustment for men and women that come from a large family. At least, so says my daughter.

      Delete