Monday, November 21, 2011

Homemade Cranberry Sauce

In honor of Thanksgiving, I thought I'd post a recipe that we have come to love serving at our big dinner. I know everyone pictures the canned stuff when they think of cranberry sauce, but I think if you ever had the homemade, you'd never go back. I don't know where Ri got the recipe, but I never liked cranberry sauce until the first year she made this. Just the smell of it cooking made me want to try it.

Cranberry Sauce
1c. sugar
1c. water
1 (12oz) pkg. fresh cranberries, rinsed and drained
1/2tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2tsp. grated orange peel


Mix sugar and water in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add cranberries, cinnamon, and orange peel: return to a boil.  Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer approx. 10 min. or until cranberries burst and sauce begins to thicken, stirring occasionally. Pour into a casserole dish, cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

I wish I had a finished picture, but we always fix it the day before, while we're doing all our other baking, and trying to get a final picture kind of got lost in the shuffle.

This is so easy to make and tastes so amazing you should really give it a try.
post signature

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a Cranberry Sauce even I'd be capable of making!

    I absolutely love your blog signature, btw. I'm a real country girl too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. My daughter designs my blog, so she knows what I like. :D

    I hope you give the sauce a try. I don't think it's anything like the canned stuff.

    ReplyDelete