Thursday, November 10, 2011

The life and times of a mad woman.

Okay - so things may not be quite that dramatic around here, but sometimes it sure feels like it.

October flew by in a wirlwind of activities, field trips, canning, parties/gatherings, etc., etc., etc.

November has kind of started that way, with a Mad Hatter Tea Party we hosted (some pics coming soon - I hope), finally getting Ri's best friend (and Maid of Honor) up here and getting dresses ordered, and starting plans for our Thanksgiving dinners.

Oh, and as I was reminded earlier this week - Christmas is only 6 Mondays away. How on earth it manages to slip up on me so quickly is still beyond my comprehension.

There are several things I plan on posting about as soon as I can.
1)We did get back up to the mountains and Ri got some great pictures from the Blue Ridge Parkway. There are some neat stories in there too, because some of the best photographic spots are not from the scenic overlooks. In fact, someone needs to rethink (or at least prune) those. I'm sure some of them provided great views when the parkway was originally constructed, but trees do grow. Several of the overlooks have views that are completely obscured by trees.
I'm just waiting on Ri to finish the photos before I post.

2)Our Mad Hatter Tea Party. It was so much fun. Lots of cute food, adorable hats, and some funny games. We need to get those photos uploaded to my computer as well.

3)Garlic planting - I have yet to do it, so that's what's holding that up.

4)I also have some recipes I plan on sharing, but I want to make them so that I can take some pictures for you.

So there's a lot in the works, just bear with me.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment