Saturday, August 14, 2010

Bree's Quilt

I finally finished Bree's quilt yesterday!!

It's quilted very simply. I just stiched in the ditch through the body of the quilt.  For the border I turned squares on point to make it like a running diamond pattern around the edge. I thought that would look nice since the overall design is a diamond. Unfortunatley you can't really see it in the picture.  (I just checked the post, and if you click on the picture it will get larger and you can see the stitching)  The back is done in the dark blue fabric.


Don't know why the color looks weird here.  Maybe it's the lighting.  At any rate, Bree made these pillows herself.  The fabric is a cream color, nearly identical to the cream colored squares and has some kind of shiney thread woven through all over that gives it a look like someone threw glitter on it.  She used some of the leftover dark blue to edge the large pillow.
On another note; see how creative she is.  She used a large bulletin board that my mom's company was getting rid of as a headboard for her bed. It's really neat.

Becky

4 comments:

  1. Becky the quilt looks beautiful, lovely choices of fabric and Bree's pillows are wonderful, she is a clever girl, just like her mum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I can't take credit for the fabric though. Those were also Bree's choices.

    ReplyDelete