Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Oh Boy! Busy, Busy!

I can't wait until I have some free time.  There are quite a few of your blogs I'd like to catch up on, but right now I'm just dropping in real quick to show what I like best about summer.
Metal hummingbirds?  Well, no (although I am rather fond of this one).   Growing things.  That is what I love best about summer.  I love to see gardens growing.  Ours is doing very well, and we've gotten quite a lot out of it so far, even though it's rather small.  This is the climbing blackeyed susan that's planted around the shepherds crook my brother made for me.  I'll get another picture once it has started blooming more.  Our front bed didn't do as well as expected, but we have a lot of zinnas blooming and have been enjoying them and all the beautiful butterflies they attract.

And of course, I love the produce.  We got the peaches from a local orchard and the other produce from another farm.  I would love to be able to grow enough to provide for all my canning needs, but I'm more than happy, and very thankful for what we have been able to grow (besides, we plan on increasing the size of the garden over time).  We have not had
to buy any veggies (except lettuce) since July.  It's great to see your own produce on your supper table.

Becky

3 comments:

  1. I love the look of all that fresh produce. Let us see what you do with it all some time. Just coming into Spring here so everything is actually pretty dry after Winter. Most vegies do okay here in the Winter as it doesn't get too cold and our Summers are just unbelievably hot. Alas, I do not have a garden myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Becky, what wonderful fresh produce its amazing the taste of fresh grown vegetables and fruit. Unfortunately we don't grow any fruit and vegetables at the moment (hopefully we will start soon) but we try to go to the farmers markets to buy our produce and the taste is amazing, Fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Becky, your produce looks wonderful. Nothing can compare to fresh vegetables and fruit. At the moment we don't grow any ourselves but we do go to the farmers markets and the taste of the produce is amazing.

    Summer will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete