Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Other little things from last week.

Hubby and I went looking through antique shops. I was particulary interested in finding a drop down or secretary desk, but so far the ones I like are a little out of my price range. I did get a couple of small things though.

I loved this little dish.
So cute and a little shabby since some of it's gold plating has been worn away, but that's why I liked it so much.
I've been wanting a small dish to put beside the sink for the baskets and stoppers, and this was just perfect.
I love old linens and these dainty little handkerchiefs were just adorable.
And this linen kitchen towel was calling my name.
Coffee on one side,
and tea on the other.
I was also able to enjoy these little beauties everytime I've washed dishes. I think I may see if I can get sunflowers to grow down that whole side next year. What a sight that would be while washing up.
This is one up close. Isn't it perfect?
When you do manage to get a picture of one without a bee on it, there's sure to be one on the way - as was this little fellow to the left.
Or maybe an inchworm, like the one near the top of the center of the flower on the right.
This is the first year we've planted the large yellow sunflowers and we've enjoyed them so much I can't imagine not planting them in the future. We didn't have to plant the orange, Mexican sunflowers again this year. We had plenty of volunteers from the ones that went to seed last year.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment