Saturday, May 19, 2012

Just Four and No More

Ri will have to excuse me for borrowing a line (and the title, I think) of a post she made a couple of years ago.  Her post was in reference to something T.Lynn had said when Ri was trying to talk her into letting Superman have some cookies they were making one afternoon.  After wheedling, and eventually bribing her, Ri finally talked T. into letting Superman have some cookies, but T.'s response was, "Just four, and no more."  That, as I said, happened a couple of years ago; before he and Ri were engaged.
Now those lines apply to how many more weeks I'll have her here at home before Superman takes her as his wife, and they start their new life together.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not sad.  I know things will be different around here, and I'm sure I'll miss her, but I don't really feel as though I'm losing her, as so many people have described it.  I love my daughter dearly, but this is exactly what I raised her for - to start her own life and family.  I feel as though it would be inappropriate to be morose about it.
On the contrary, I'm excited for her.  I look forward to seeing them grow in their relationship, and of course, I'm also looking forward to any grandbabies the Lord sees fit to provide. :D
So, four weeks to go before she gets married.  May God richly bless them as they join their lives and form a new family.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment