Monday, December 27, 2010

Snow, snow, snow, snow.....snow!!!

I know that ya'll must think we get a lot of snow, but we don't. Last year was extremely unusual, and so far this year is looking pretty abnormal as well. We ended up with 9 inches. You're probably getting tired of snow pictures, especially if you live somewhere that gets a lot of snow, but since we don't  usually have it, I just love these.
Self explanatory - swing set in the back yard.
Up close - and at a weird angle. Gotta wonder what she was doing.
 
Part of our neighborhood.
Another street in the neighborhood.
These remind me of pictures I've seen of places up north.
I just love all the snow on the trees. (Don't bother telling
me it's dangerous - I know it is, but it's still pretty.)
A walking trail we have not too far from here. Actually, the
back end of it loops fairly close to the house, but you have
to cut through the woods (almost impassable in the summer)
in order to get to it from our cul-de-sac.
A creek runs next to the trail,...
but I guess in order to deter people from walking close to it,
there is not clear path from the trail to the creek. Here Bree is
climbing down to get closer to it. I'm told that this photo was
snapped about a half second before the inevitable happened and
Bree took the express route down. I was also told that both she
and Ri ended up in the creek before it was all over with.
One of many snow ball fights that took place over the
last couple of days.
The girls had lots of fun, and since I didn't have anywhere I needed to go, it didn't bother me in the least. I got to sit back and enjoy the view, all the cold, wet, excited children, make snow cream and drink hot cocoa. It can go ahead and snow just any ol' time it fits this well into my schedual. :D
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos! All we are seeing at the moment is rain, rain, rain. It is flooding in our part of the world!

    ReplyDelete