Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Gratituesday

My post yesterday put me in mind of what I'm grateful for today. My two older daughters.

Now, don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm not grateful for my younger daughters, I am, but I guess what I'm really grateful for is the caring, helpful young women the older girls have become. They pitch in and get things done without me having to ask, just because they know it needs to be done. And if I'm busy, they will make sure that all the really necessary stuff gets done whether it's day-to-day chores, or preparations we are making for a function we have to attend, a small intimate gathering, or a big family dinner. I can't tell you how wonderful it is to walk in the house after the dozen or errands that needed to be run are complete (and you know it took longer than you wanted it to) and supper is nearly finished, the laundry was washed, and the living room has been tidied. They are also regular helpers withthe girls schoolwork, and have been  invaluable when it came to helping with my grandmother. Indeed, I could not have had her stay with us if I had not had their help.

So, it is for the wonderful young women my older girls have grown into that I'm grateful for today.

Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment