Friday, December 4, 2009

I'm getting Superman to set up my tree.

Yep, that's right.  Superman will set up my Christmas tree.  Seem a little wierd?  It's really simple.  Last year I bought this adorable christmas tree stand that is a little sleigh with a section in the middle to set the tree in.  It's entirely too cute, but it turns out that it is a bit of a pain to actually put a tree into.  I will add here that the tree we had last year had some knobby areas around the base that made our job a little more difficult as well.  Anyway, the girls and I struggled valiently last year to put the tree up.  It kept leaning first this way, and then that way.  We did our best to rework the screws that hold it up, twisting the tree around, and proping it in different ways.  We even took it all the way down and put it back up again.  By this time, the base was looking a little worse for wear, and I was ready to pitch the whole thing  getting just a bit frustrated.  Then dear hubby came to the rescue and suggested we put rocks in the base to help stabilize the tree.  I had just the thing - glass fish bowl beads.  Our last fish had died a month or two before, so we had a bunch out in the garage.  They worked like a charm, and on our third attempt, the tree went up without a hitch.
Now, where does Superman fit into all this, you might ask.  Well....add one smart aleck teenage boy into this mix and it might all make sense.  You see, when one of the girls was relating the story to a friend at church, he thought it was rather amusing that it should take the three of us that many attempts to get the tree up.  After he shared his opinion on the situation, I demanded sweetly asked him to come set up our tree the next year.  Actually, my response was something along the lines of, "Okay superman, if you think it's that easy, YOU will put up our tree next year".  I reminded him of this just the other day.  He doesn't seem to have much of a problem with it, but there is a part of me that REALLY wants to buy the biggest tree we have ever had, sit down on the sofa, and watch him have at it.


2 comments:

  1. Oh!!! That's awesome! May I come watch too??? I'll bring the popcorn! :D
    xoxo
    -Lys

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're on - I'm sure you know who superman is, so that will make it even better. BTW - I like white popcorn.

    ReplyDelete