Thursday, December 24, 2009

Twas the night before, the night before...

...and the last of the presents (except for the gifts of food, which will be wrapped as needed), are wrapped and under the tree.  This is the first year we went ahead and put the gifts under the tree instead of bringing them all out on Christmas Eve, after everyone's in bed.  I'm just not as young as I used to be, and I want to go to sleep.

I thought I might as well get a post in now because the next few days will be BUSY - as I'm sure they will at your house as well.  The first of our four Christmas dinners/parties will happen tomorrow.  There are cookies to bake, meals to prepare, gift bags to pack, the house to clean, and kiddies (and young [and older] adults) to get ready.  It sure does sound like a lot, but trust me, it's not nearly as hectic as it has been in years past.  Having older children makes the whole thing much more manageable.  Plus, time has taught me to pare down, and enjoy more - a lesson that would have served me much better had I learned it as a young, busy-with-so-many-little-people-mom.  I hate to remember how crazy I used to make myself, and the rest of my family with what I thought was necessary.  Oh well, live and learn - and try to teach your kids better.

Before I leave off, I would like to ask anyone out there listening to be in prayer for the health care bill they are trying to shove down our throats.  It's heinous that it's even being voted on in such a rushed, haphazard fashion.   We would all do well to remember what Thomas Jefferson once said;  "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."  Here, here!!!  This is an example of that at it's worst.

After praying about this, thank God for all that you do have, hug your kiddies, and/or any other loved one that you can pin down for a minute or two, and spend some time focusing on the greatest gift ever given to mankind - JESUS.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love the post!!!
    I totally agree about the new bill they're tryin' to pass! BOO!
    Merry Christmas!!!
    -Lys

    ReplyDelete