Tuesday, February 2, 2010

If Only

I would deal with a dozen people showing up unannounced on my doorstep right now if it meant that Grandma could come home.

Unfortunately, just two weeks after getting back home, Grandma fell during the wee hours this morning and broke her hip.  Normally I don't like my husband's insomnia, but because of it, he was awake and heard her immediately.  She was in acute pain, so I had hubby wake Kay so that she and I could lift her straight off the floor.  My father came to see if he could get her to the hospital for an x-ray (with the roads in bad condition, it took him an hour), but she couldn't stand being lifted in the position that was required to put her in the car.    Needless to say, an ambulance had to be called, and we had another bit of a wait while they tried to get through (then, of course, they were going to have to take the long way around to the hospital so they could stay on the main highways).  It was a long, slow morning.  Eventually all the girls woke up, but thankfully, remained upstairs.  Once everyone was gone (Dad followed the ambulance to the hosp.), I had them come down and explained everything to them.  I tried to get everyone settled back down to sleep, but you can guess how that went.  We got back to sleep around 5:30 or 6:00, but the two youngest ended up with me.  We are waiting to hear how the doctors want to handle this, since it's the second time she's broken that hip.

Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment