Wednesday, February 3, 2010

See what she can do

See what my wonderful, very patient (at least with the computer) 17yr old can do?
She made this neat little blog button for my side bar.
When something happened to the one that was there, and I couldn't find one I liked to replace it, she said she thought she could make one.  Sure enough, she did.  And I think it's lovely.  I told her to pick a quote she knew I liked, so she picked this one by Abe Lincolon that I had shown to her not long ago.  She's says that I should add here that I actually picked out the color, which I did after she had trouble getting the right shade - but trust me, the color thing was a shot in the dark.  Since the color wasn't on the paint thingy, I picked one and started messing around.  (BTW - she's sitting here laughing at my highly technical terminology.)
At any rate, I just wanted to give her a big ol thumbs up for all her work.  She's a marvel.  I think I'll keep her.  (At least until I have to EVENTUALLY give her away to the guy who won't stop hanging around here.  I bet you all know his stage name - that's right, it's Superman.)

I'll be putting back up my 'Updates on Grandma' sidebar thingy (yes, that's a technical term) very soon.  Actually, I think I'll leave this to Ri too.  She has a neat little idea for the box, but before she got too far in the "telling" of how to do it, I kind of looked at her in a certain way, and she, sort of, voluteered. (BTW - she doesn't really agree with the word volunteer, but I'm not twisting her arm - really, I'm not.) 

She has me in stitches.  She's says that it's only because she can't type with a twisted arm.  I've got to stop and wipe the tears streaming down my face.

Becky

1 comment:

  1. I am laughing with ya! Ri is super funny! Don't worry, Ri, I'm not laughing at you...I'm laughing with you. It's true. Believe it.
    Love ya both!
    OH! And I have to meet Superman in person before there's any giving away!!! Haha.
    -Lys

    ReplyDelete