Sunday, January 3, 2010

Off to a Great Start

At least, thats what I'm claiming.  Under normal circumstances we would be starting school again tomorrow.  Actually, I have been known to start school on Jan. 2nd before, depending on what day of the week it fell on, but this year the girls won't be starting back until the 5th - unless you count de-Christmasing the house a good home-ec project.  Hey - it's a necessary life skill!  I love getting my tree down and my house back in order as promptly as possible after Christmas, but with the necessity of having one of our family dinners on the 2nd, we left the decorations up this year, and boy, has that tree been bugging me.  Superman will be coming over tomorrow to haul it off to the recycling center in his truck.  I just couldn't bring myself around to vacuuming pine needles out of the van when such a marvelous alternative presented itself.  Then Tuesday, I'll set out the work I want the other girls to do while Ri, T.Lynn and I go down for milk.  Ri will do all the schoolwork that doesn't require the computer in the van, and T's work will wait 'til we get back home.  She won't have that much to do her first day back after break anyway.

All in all, I think it will be a great start to the first week of our New Year (especially the part about getting that tree out of the living room-yay!).

Becky

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like and energetic start!
    We don't usually start back until after Australia Day (26th) but of course these are our long Summer holidays.
    All the best of rich blessings to you and your family for 2010 Becky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ruby! Blessings to your family as well!

    ReplyDelete