Pretty, isn't it?
Apparently, when you receive one of these you have to do several things. (I'm so new at this sort of thing.) The steps for this award are as follows:
1. Post about the person who awarded you, and their blog.
2. Give the award to five of your favorite blogs, give your reason for chosing that blog, and leave a comment telling them they have been awarded.
3. Answer the ten questions.
4. Have tons of fun doing it!
OK - Here goes.
1st - Ri is my lovely, second oldest daughter, and Lys is her best friend - she is lovely too, by the way. If you want, you can check out their blogs by clicking on their names. Both of them are tremendous blessings, and have both accepted Christ as their personal savior (YAY!!!). They both aspire to be stay-at-home wives/moms. Both of them are also interested in photography, so Lys' mom and I get to see lots of pictures, and hear of the constant need for batteries (or they are anxiously waiting for the batteries to recharge).
2nd - I give this award to:
1) Mother Hen at Shipfull of Pirates - I even like the name. She's down to earth and she has lots of tips and good recipes. My kind of gal.
2) Laura at Heavenly Homemakers - I love her sense of humor and it was one of her e-books that I used to help me get started with canning.
3) Organizing Mommy at Organized Everyday - She's a hoot. I love her resourcefulness.
4) Kim at Life in a Shoe - Love the pic. at the top, and am especially fond of her stories about "the boy".
5) Mia at Aspiring Homemaker - I appreciate the encouragement she gives to young ladies.
The names of their blogs contain a link to the site. Now, on to the questions.
1. Have you ever ridden an elephant? I think so...at a fair once when I was very young? Very young was quite awhile ago.
2. Have you ever eaten squid? Yes. It's good as long as it's not overcooked. It's rather like chewing leather if it's overdone.
3. What is something crazy you have done with your best friend? We tied each other's shoes when we were both huge pregnant with Ri and Lys - does that count? It seemed quite funny (and maybe a little crazy) at the time.
4. Have you ever held an alligator? Just like Ri (and Lys), I've never held one, but I have eaten it. It's good too.
5. Have you ever let a snake slither through your fingers? No, not slither through my fingers, but I have touched and held them. And once I was with a school group that they allowed to hold a huge boa constrictor - when I say huge I mean it took a bunch of us to hold it.
6. What is your first and foremost dream in life? To see my children go on to love and serve the Lord. For them to marry saved young men who share their vision for a home dedicated to serving the Lord, and to raise whatever children the Lord blesses them with in the nurture and admonition of our Lord.
7. What is your dream vacation? At this point it would just be my dream to one day have a vacation.
8. What is the funniest movie you've seen? I don't know - my opinion of what is truly funny has changed quite a bit over time.
9. What is your favorite song? He Leadeth Me or Amazing Grace.
10. If you could change the world in one way, what would you do? I'm not sure - I can't really say that I would want to have everyone saved (that would be great), but it's important for us to have free will (to freely accept Christ) and where there is free will, there will not be 100% acceptance. I would like for hearts to be more receptive, or all governments to allow Christians to spread the gospel openly, or....you see my dilemma?
Okay, I think that's all. There are plenty of other blogs that I follow and enjoy throughly, so please don't be offended if I didn't pick yours. (It took me forever to do the whole link thing anyway - if I had to do more I'd have been here all night.) Blessings to you all.