Monday, November 9, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy

I'm about to fall down, but I thought I'd throw in a little something today since I was updating about Grandma anyway.  I plan on explaining things a bit better later (I'll have pics. then too - Ri hasn't uploaded them yet).
I jumped the gun a little on my food prep. on Saturday, and I'm glad I did.  I went ahead and did 3 of the pumpkins, and started a batch of grain for the sprouter.  We also did other cooking in preparation for Sunday, but we'd have done that anyway.

Today I did the last pumpkin, got the grain in the dehydrator (which had to be cleaned because it hasn't been used in forever   a few months), started roasting the bones for my beef stock, and left the children taking apart all the pomegranates while I ran to the store.  Hubby had checked the ads and found that one of the stores has quite a few items on sale that we were going to need for Thanksgiving. THEN - when I got back home, I started cleaning the last of the white stuff off the pomegranate airls while the girls put away the groceries and Kay finished cooking the ground beef for the egg rolls.  She chopped up the garlic, and grated another onion (Ri did the first), while Ri chopped veggies to add to the stock and I whirred up the pomegranate arils in the blender and put them in a cheesecloth lined colander to drain off the juice.  Then I mixed up the rest of the ingredients for the egg rolls and Beenie, Ri, and I rolled, while Kay (with T.Lynn's help) fried some up for supper.  Bree made the salad.  I wanted to finish up the pomegranate jelly after supper, but hubby's blood pressure started spiking, so that was out of the question.  I had to start with his nitro paste and monitoring.
Belive it or not, but we did manage to fit school in around everything else, so I still need to look over the things that the girls finished up on their own (of course, the older girls do most of theirs on their own - so I need to look over all of that).  Somehow we also managed to wash three loads of clothes today (shhhh-two of them still need to be folded).

Becky

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    I've given you an award!

    Check it out at: http://annemariebusch.blogspot.com/2009/11/one-lovely-blog.html

    ReplyDelete