Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Autumn

 
The trees are starting to put out their finest colors.  I enjoyed driving the girls to my mom's after church Sunday, because the stretch of road we were on has some gorgeous views.  All the oranges, reds, golden and bright yellows, and some purple and rust as well.  Of course, all of that is mixed in with the ones that have yet to turn, and the evergreens.  It was beautiful.  Next we'll start smelling all the piles of burning leaves.  I don't know why I like that smell, but I do.  I also enjoy the smell of damp leaves, crushed acorns and whatever else it is that makes fall smell the way it does.  It's my favorite time of the year.

I wish I could have enjoyed the drive to South Carolina yesterday for our milk, but it started out overcast and began drizzling before we were halfway.  By the time we got to the farm there was nothing for it but to get soaking wet while we loaded up the car.  I should have taken more than my shawl, but you don't usually think of colder as you travel south.  I have decided to use the weather channel and input the farm's address to get their forcast in the future.  I'll also get a weather resistant, hooded jacket.  And, I'll not wear a medium weight denim if it is going to rain.  Those don't dry much at all in a car.  So, in short, this was a learning expirence.  And I still have plenty to be thankful for.  I was expecting delays on the way back because of the rain, but traffic moved along very well, and I made my drop off at my usual time.

Well, I have several new books to pour through before the girls get home, so off I go.

Becky  

No comments:

Post a Comment